Full Jersey redesign next year?

Jerzey

3 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

If they tastefully bring the regular sweaters  into a more contemporary design, I will be fine. 

If they nuke the jersey and we get a red and black version of the BuffaSlug, I will literally hang myself.

literally.

I don't know, a jersey so bad it gets a nickname like "Buffaslug" or "Mooterus" might be mildly entertaining. 

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I'd prefer they not do anything at all, but those options would be preferable to a full scale overhaul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right, I just hate this especially with the initial post being such gloom and doom panic inducing. now that its being walked back on, the click-baity ness of the original tweet is infuriating [used that twice tonight now]

1 hour ago, Mike Brown said:

There are some minor tweaks I could live with.  But they better not overhaul the best uniforms in the league.

I think the Blackhawks have the best, but the Devils are definitely up there. 

This is awful news. 

I don't entirely see what about that jersey can be "modernized" well outside of the logo - has a shade of red been discovered in the last 25 years?

If the logo is likely to stay the same, then I feel like "modernizing" the jersey is going to entail adding pointless stuff to it.

That said, a shoulder patch in the shape of NJ I guess would be kind of neat.

I get the feeling modernizing may mean chrome or side panels or something like that.

Pittsburgh is back to looking like it should, so is Buffalo, Edmonton, Philly, St, Louis, Toronto...why are we jumping into this when everybody else has outgrown their idiocy phases?

39 minutes ago, '7' said:

I get the feeling modernizing may mean chrome or side panels or something like that.

Pittsburgh is back to looking like it should, so is Buffalo, Edmonton, Philly, St, Louis, Toronto...why are we jumping into this when everybody else has outgrown their idiocy phases?

The only thing I can think of is that the owners/management believe that by changing the jerseys, they will maximize their revenue stream even further.  There is literally NO other reason to make any changes.  The jersey and logo is classic and has withstood the test of time.  In fact, I dare say it is the only design that came from the 1990's that hasn't been changed and/or wasn't a complete disaster. 

It is universally renowned as one of the best jerseys in hockey (outside of the original 6 teams, that everyone fawns over all the time - although the Blackhawks jerseys are the best in pro sports IMO).  I have a feeling that they are getting rid of the horizontal stipes along the hem and sleeves, going to allow Adidas to put vertical stripes along the sides like they had on the WC jerseys, and change the font for the names and numbers.  If they do any major renovations to this jersey, then I will protest the only way I can that could potentially affect the new owners, by not purchasing my season tickets or paying to attend games any longer.  I can get enough freebies to attend at least 5 games each season, and will watch the rest of the games from the comfort of my home, saving myself thousands each year. 

I think you might see three things:

1) They may remove the circle around the logo.

2) The shoulder pads probably are gone.

3) I could see them offsetting the logo's color, based on the jersey. Other teams do this. When Toronto wears their white jersey, their logo's blue. When they wear the blue jersey, the logo's white. Same with Calgary. White logo, yellow logo, black logo, red logo, etc. based on what color jersey they're wearing. In the end the Devils could be left with something like this..

NJD.png

I'm starting to wonder what was really going on behind the scenes. I wonder if Blitzer/Harris offered us up initially as a guinea pig for a Seahawks/Bucs type butcher job to Adidas but backtracked to "no significant changes"  once the fan outrage hit hard on social media.

Something is very fishy here. I have no idea what a modernization of such a perfect look would be? How exactly do you make this better?