2018 JETS

Beezer34

2 hours ago, '7' said:

fwiw the advanced stats folks love Parry Nickerson  with our 6th pick. 41.7 passer rating against.. Only allowed two td's the past two years. Also 6 int's and fast.

Jets took a Rb with their final pick. Trenton Cannon

Yeah I did like that one too...although I kind of shake my head that they don't bother to address the o-line ever I can't exactly complain in a vaccum about any of the picks, and they did need to replenish the d-line after losing Mo, Sheldon and Snacks in recent years.

23 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Yeah I did like that one too...although I kind of shake my head that they don't bother to address the o-line ever I can't exactly complain in a vaccum about any of the picks, and they did need to replenish the d-line after losing Mo, Sheldon and Snacks in recent years.

Yea I'm surprised that they didn't even take a project OT player in rounds 4-7.

The Jets plug holes on defense fairly quickly. On offense things tend to fester. I certainly hope they work out some sort of trade for offensive line help in the coming months or pounce on a surprise cut before the season. Don't want them going into the season with what we have now only.

Oh joy, here we go again :P

Apparently he didn't show up to a court hearing for his dumbass ticket.  Can we just be done with this clown and go with Pryor, Enunwa, Kearse and our other recent draft picks at WR and ditch this perp-in-waiting?

Edited by NJDevs4978

15 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Oh joy, here we go again :P

Apparently he didn't show up to a court hearing for his dumbass ticket.  Can we just be done with this clown and go with Pryor, Enunwa, Kearse and our other recent draft picks at WR and ditch this perp-in-waiting?

Well according to his lawyer he did nothing wrong and they both had no idea the hearing was that day.

Sounds like he needs to get a better lawyer.

Mac was apparently supporting him on Francesa the other day. But too many things just keep happening around him. Not sure if he can be redeemed.

21 minutes ago, '7' said:

Well according to his lawyer he did nothing wrong and they both had no idea the hearing was that day.

Sounds like he needs to get a better lawyer.

Mac was apparently supporting him on Francesa the other day. But too many things just keep happening around him. Not sure if he can be redeemed.

I mean, in certain places courts can be so chaotic that it's plausible that the hearing date wasn't clear or was miscommunicated.  Bottom line, this is the sort of the thing that a good player probably survives. 

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

And claimed by the FISH lolz

Strangely there has been interest in Petty around the league the past two years. Some people out there believe he can be of some service. Maybe in a better offensive program he's somebody they believe can flourish.

He's been one of those pre-season Hall of Famer types who has absolutely zero accuracy once the games start to count

18 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

And claimed by the FISH lolz

People seem to think that he's going to be a third stringer/practice squad guy, or perhaps to get intel on the Jets.  He's not really a reclamation project, as there's nothing really to reclaim here.

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

People seem to think that he's going to be a third stringer/practice squad guy, or perhaps to get intel on the Jets.  He's not really a reclamation project, as there's nothing really to reclaim here.

Well you're getting a solid citizen with a great work ethic and great teammate that's guaranteed. Curious to see what another organization and another staff does with him

The Jets o line has not made things easy for him. He's never had time to do anything

• 2 weeks later...

May 16, 2018

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — “You have a horseshoe up your ass.”

The words instinctively rolled off the tongue of Jets VP of player personnel Brian Heimerdinger, and were directed at the boss, GM Mike Maccagnan, who wouldn’t let himself believe this would happen. For two weeks, the rumor mill persisted that the Browns were going to pass on Sam Darnold for Josh Allen. So why in the world would he buy it spinning now that the first pick wouldn’t be either of those two?

The Browns select Baker Mayfield, quarterback, Oklahoma.

It was happening.

Heimerdinger was giddy, Maccagnan still nervous, not letting himself take anything in until word came back from the draft site in Texas that there was no trade action at the Giants’ table. But it was happening. He and coach Todd Bowles would finally have their quarterback.

A lot of good nuggets in that piece, particularly over the trade negotiations and the pre draft meeting where Darnold himself was led to believe he was either going to the Browns or Giants. Like the Jets themselves I believed Darnold would go #1 so I didn’t exactly get attached to him compared to Mayfield or Allen but the more I find out, the more I’m salivating.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I also think that Mac gets too much grief for the Hackenberg pick. Yes it was a reach but the upside was there. Opinions of him back then, there were plenty of negative, but he also had his believers and he had all the physical tools. Plus that second round after Hack was very weak other than Deion Jones. It's not like Pro Bowler after Pro Bowler went off the board after Hack. Now sure he could've traded the pick but this isn't quite as awful as folks are making it out to be. I mean we had Tampa taking Roberto Aguayo a bit later in that round.

Edited by '7'

• 2 weeks later...

Of course. Another dope. Say goodbye to the first 4 games of the season Chris. More immature idiocy. This happens far too often with Mac/Bowles guys. Just outright dumb sh!t that is totally avoidable

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/06/jets_chris_herndon_arrested_for_dwi_after_crash_in.html

Jets' Chris Herndon arrested for DWI after crashing into 76-year-old man's SUV

Updated 6:46 PMPosted 6:04 PM

By Darryl Slater

dslater@njadvancemedia.com

NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Jets rookie tight end Chris Herndon was arrested for driving while intoxicated early Saturday after crashing into a 76-year-old man's vehicle in Rockaway Township, a New Jersey State Police spokesman confirmed to NJ Advance Media. 

The arrest happened at 4:45 a.m. Herndon was handcuffed and taken away from the scene on Interstate 80 westbound, said Sgt. Lawrence Peele.

• 1 month later...

Jets release WR Devin Smith. 2nd round pick in 2015. 2 ACL tears. This was expected with the WR depth that we have now. Don't want to get on Mac too much here as he literally never missed a game in college. Just an unfortunate situation because he did have that potential to be a deadly deep threat.

Chalk this one up to being unlucky

Revis officially retired today at the age of 33.

An unquestionable HOF career.. my fondest memories of him will be from 2007-2012, when he was the greatest CB in the game since Sanders. Since 2013 however, that’s forgettable. He played for 4 teams the final 5 years of his career.. and looked awful the last three. Notwithstanding.. he is one of the greatest Jets of all-time.

12 hours ago, Beezer34 said:

An unquestionable HOF career.. my fondest memories of him will be from 2007-2012, when he was the greatest CB in the game since Sanders. Since 2013 however, that’s forgettable. He played for 4 teams the final 5 years of his career.. and looked awful the last three. Notwithstanding.. he is one of the greatest Jets of all-time.

Perplexing how his career ended. He was good in 2015 and seemingly overnight in 2016 he didn't belong on an NFL field. 

At his best you just couldn't throw on him. He'd hold great receivers to zilch. I'm talking even garbage time he wouldn't let up. Remember him holding Megatron to 1 catch. Hines Ward to 2. He just took the best and made them non factors. Not easy to do in a league that consistently rigs things in favor of offenses

First ballot HOF’er. One of the best to ever play the position. Hell of a career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was very sad to read. Tony Sparano died yesterday suddenly of a massive heart attack.

I always respected Sparano as a motivator, and feared him whenever the Jets were playing the fish. When the Jets hired Tony to work under Rex I was so excited. Especially after that first game against the Bills. The Jets scored 50 points utilizing both Tebow & Sanchez seemingly reinventing the wheel, and Sparano (at least for 1 week before it all went to sh!t) looked like an utter genius. --- RIP Tony. I really feel bad for his family. Sad day.. gone way too soon.

nfl_u_sparano01jr_576.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:10 AM, '7' said:

Perplexing how his career ended. He was good in 2015 and seemingly overnight in 2016 he didn't belong on an NFL field. 

At his best you just couldn't throw on him. He'd hold great receivers to zilch. I'm talking even garbage time he wouldn't let up. Remember him holding Megatron to 1 catch. Hines Ward to 2. He just took the best and made them non factors. Not easy to do in a league that consistently rigs things in favor of offenses

Some guys just lose it (seemingly) overnight...he just didn't seem as interested in the end either...maybe snagging a SB ring sapped whatever edge he had left, just enough?

He wasn't quite at his peak with the Pats, but after a rough start (about the first four games), he was about 85-90% of what he'd been in his best years as a Jet, which was still plenty good.  He was definitely a factor for that team. 

And yeah, at his best, he was a damned fine CB.  Probably could've been even better had he not lost interest upon re-signing with the Jets.  Not sure why he did...he seemed to enjoy being with that franchise...his heart was always with them.  

Sam Darnold is on the verge of signing a 4 year $30.25 million dollar contract according to Manish Mehta. $20mil signing bonus. 5th years team option

Glad that there won't be any awkward holdout and he won't miss any TC