2017 UFA Thread

Daniel

On 6/28/2017 at 5:45 PM, Chuck the Duck said:

I agree that the Devils need puck moving D and have tons of cap space to sign him, but Shattenkirk isn't likely to put up those numbers with the Devils as the teams he was on last season are both appreciably better than the lineup we will ice in 2017-18.  He's a good defenseman, and is just what we need.  However, no matter who he signs with, people are going to expect him to be a #1 D who puts up big numbers based upon the term and value of his contract - and they likely will be disappointed as a result.   

Maybe but I suspect you might see some of the numbers for the forwards go up once you have someone on the back end that can help out our transition.  I see his addition similar to Zidlicky. 

I would love to end tomorrow with Shattenkirk and Ryan Murray (kovy)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

If we go to sleep tomorrow and Shattenkirk is a Devil, I'm going to need to call a doctor for my erection that would last way longer than 6 hours.

Until we find out he signs a 5 year $25 million deal with the Rangers.  Ranger blue brah

10 minutes ago, njd3b1ink said:

I could be wrong, but don't the Devils need to spend around 7m just to get cap floor?

I think Shero is feeling pretty confident about Shattenkirk 

They'll get to the cap floor to pay Severson, Mueller, Bennett and Noessen.  Plus I imagine Nico is going to get the Auston Matthews deal.

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

They'll get to the cap floor to pay Severson, Mueller, Bennett and Noessen.  Plus I imagine Nico is going to get the Auston Matthews deal.

Completely forgot about that, you're right. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if even after signing those guys they are still slightly under the floor. 

25 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Ben Lovejoy

:lol:

Not gonna lie, this had me rolling.

22 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I just threw up in my mouth.

So did I.

I can't believe we're buying out Cammalleri.  Gotta be honest, didn't expect that.  Something's definitely up.