2017 UFA Thread

Daniel

Kulikov is solid, young, and we're not in any position to make statements like this about any NHL quality defense anyway.

He isn't solid at all. He blows. There's a reason Florida dumped him and Buffalo is letting him walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

It's not jealousy, it's bewilderment at willingly going to a club that has a track record of having their big UFA signings crash and burn.

One cup in 7 and a half decades. They're the most overrated franchise in sports.

Keep telling yourself that.

Honestly, which of you would turn down a multi year multimillion lucrative contract to play hockey near your hometown, for the team you grew up rooting for, in order to play for a team you probably hated, or at the very least, a team that hasn't made the playoffs in years. This is probably the culmination of a dream for him.

Why would you expect him to blow that off to sign in New Jersey?

Keep telling yourself that.
 Honestly, which of you would turn down a multi year multimillion lucrative contract to play hockey near your hometown, for the team you grew up rooting for, in order to play for a team you probably hated, or at the very least, a team that hasn't made the playoffs in years. This is probably the culmination of a dream for him.
Why would you expect him to blow that off to sign in New Jersey?

Business decisions don't get made like that. He isn't gonna not sign with the Devils because he was a Rag fan when he was 12.

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Business decisions don't get made like that. He isn't gonna not sign with the Devils because he was a Rag fan when he was 12.

Really? Free agents never choose to sign somewhere because it's their hometown team? Really? Are you sure?

17 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He isn't solid at all. He blows. There's a reason Florida dumped him and Buffalo is letting him walk.

He's also a tough hard hitter. This team has been one of the softest in the NHL dating back before this drought.