GAME 4: Tampa Bay @ New Jersey. 730 PM EST, GOLF, MSG+

Steven M.

Just now, jagknife said:

Our game has already been moved from NBC to NBCSN, fvck you NHL.

why the fvck they have two games at the same time when there are only 3 on Saturday is another notch in the joke belt of the NHL/NBC

It breaks my heart how little people in the U.S. care about my favorite sport. 

• Like 1

in the end - give it to tampa for playing a hell of a road game.

they put mcdonough and strahlman on hall and it worked - he did not have a particularly good game.

i didn't love zacha tonight to be honest.

i also thought that hynes stuck w/ maroon a little too long and didn't try to get wood or coleman out with zacha to try and get a speed game going.

as for saturday, assuming vatanen is out, i would assume meuller goes in and not santini who hasn't seen the nhl in 3 months.

i would like to get bratt in there for stafford on the 4th line - if only so that you can maybe get a lift from speed and offense if you need it. tonight was an example where again stafford brought nothing and if bratt was in the lineup - could have gotten moved up to try and spark something with zacha or nico and throw out a different speed look moving maroon off.

• Like 3

Just now, lazer said:

take out stamkos and you make kucherov their new leader...stamkos seems an easy target this series. 

Unfortunately they’re so loaded taking out one of their stars probably won’t even doom them. Unless it’s Vasilevskiy.

Just now, Devs3cups said:

How anyone thinks Kucherov is not getting suspended is beyond me. Look at the fvcking Doughty hit and put it besides this one and you have your answer. People are so fvcking dense. 

It seems 50/50 to me if he gets suspended

41 minutes ago, jagknife said:

You know what pisses me off? I wouldn’t care if we were getting beat solely on skill. Sure it’d suck but at least we’d be getting beat just by the better team. Once they started playing ducking dirty and showing their true colors, it flipped a goddamn switch in me.

losing to a better team is fine, losing to a dirty team is insulting.

This, so much this. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Wood is completely lost,

Playing on the 4th line with Boyle and Stafford will tend to do that. We know Boyle isn’t coming out, but I want Bratt in for Stafford next game. Hell, put Joey Anderson in there. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Playing on the 4th line with Boyle and Stafford will tend to do that. We know Boyle isn’t coming out, but I want Bratt in for Stafford next game. Hell, put Joey Anderson in there. 

I agree. Stafford is as useless as a poopy flavored lollipop especially since there is no shootout in the playoffs. Bratt, Anderson, Grabner, anyone that can skate fast, put em in

Wait, Stafford can serve one purpose: destroy Kucherov

Edited by Bonginator11

5 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

It’s not like he doesn’t deserve to be there. His games 1 and 2 were some of the worst playoff hockey I’ve seen in my life from a devils player. Selfish, lazy, sloppy. 

Wish Hynes would hold Greene accountable like that. 

14 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Hynes obviously thinks the hit was dirty 

Address the team. Media doesn't need to know sh!t. Besides I think Hynes knew that if he got going on this it would end with him getting a fine.

1 minute ago, '7' said:

Address the team. Media doesn't need to know sh!t. Besides I think Hynes knew that if he got going on this it would end with him getting a fine.

You could clearly read his lips during the game giving it to the refs: “fvking bull$hit”

• Like 3

At the end of the day other than being dirty scumbags Tampa is absolutely loaded: their top D-men (McD, Hedman, Stralman) are all equivalent to our 1 now-concussed Vatanen, Tampa’s two scoring lines have several players of Hall’s caliber, Vasilevskiy is a very solid goalie who was given opportunity at the expense of Ben Bishop - it’s very difficult to compete with this team if they come to play, they come at you in waves. Devils are doing very admirable job just don’t have enough lethal firepower to overcome them, don’t have enough Vatanens to soak up the surges - Shero needs to continue building through draft and whatever moves he thinks are going to help whether it’s trades or signing Carlson, etc. 

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

You know what pisses me off? I wouldn’t care if we were getting beat solely on skill. Sure it’d suck but at least we’d be getting beat just by the better team. Once they started playing ducking dirty and showing their true colors, it flipped a goddamn switch in me.

losing to a better team is fine, losing to a dirty team is insulting.

Well put.  I wasn't gonna root for Boston ever in this postseason now I might have to against Tampa.  At least they only have one talented punk.

• Like 2