2022 Off-Season thread PT 2

Devilsfan118

20 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup.

Is this supposed to be some kind of insult?

No, not at all.  You poke and instigate (again, not bad) so I was wondering if you grew up with similar aged siblings.  I do the same with my friends.  My brother and I are like 18mo apart so we pick on each other constantly.  Just an observation.

27 minutes ago, Crisis said:

No, not at all.  You poke and instigate (again, not bad) so I was wondering if you grew up with similar aged siblings.  I do the same with my friends.  My brother and I are like 18mo apart so we pick on each other constantly.  Just an observation.

Yeah, I’m like this with all of my friends, but not so much with my sister. We usually would team up against people instead lol.

MD2020 knows I am joking around. Not about the ham part of course, that sh!t is serious. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Damn, he blew a .03 the next morning.  Legal limit in Sweden is .02 according to the article.

5 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Damn, he blew a .03 the next morning.  Legal limit in Sweden is .02 according to the article.

That's very low...at one point in NJ, the legal limit was .10.  It was lowered to .08, where it still stands today.  Basically in Sweden, they don't want you on the roads if you've had so much as a drink.  

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That's very low...at one point in NJ, the legal limit was .10.  It was lowered to .08, where it still stands today.  Basically in Sweden, they don't want you on the roads if you've had so much as a drink.  

That IS exceptionally low, but they didn’t test him until the next morning? Could have been much higher at the time of the incident. 

53 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That IS exceptionally low, but they didn’t test him until the next morning? Could have been much higher at the time of the incident. 

I mean the legal limit in Sweden is low.  I wasn't implying that Aho's BA level wasn't higher at some point.  But .02...yeah, like I said, pretty much tells you that Sweden doesn't want you on the road even if you've had a single cocktail.    

5 hours ago, Nicomo said:

No idea why Pronman is so high on Foote, or why he has Gritsyuk all the way down at 10th, but our top 5 has potential to be insane. 

He is trying to rate every system. And rank players outside NHL. He can’t make deep dives. Reason why he is low on Gritsyuk, high on Foote and low on Okhotiuk. Where he has Walsh? If in top 10 he doesn’t understand our pool.

Anyway he is one of good guys because he is watching a lot. And he is much closer to understanding how nhl hockey works than some miracle guys like “students” from eliteprospects or scouching. I like to listen and watchin them, but guys are far away from understanding how gms and nhl hockey works. They will push 100 skills small guys, two wil hit their ceiling and they will tell they were right all over the time.

Pronman or  Steve Kournianos (I don’t agree with him in a lot of things, but guy has good vision, watching a lot of games and understand the game well) are much closer in understanding modern hockey. If they talking, we should listen. They can give a lot of info. For example Wheeler is useless. Bader is fun and stupid. Button is a different story. I don’t know who makes a scouting job for him. But his rankings always interesting, but he doesn't tell a lot of interesting things, although the ratings themselves seem to indicate that he has something to tell.

23 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Lindy Ruff faces a crucial challenge with Jesper Bratt this season.

While his primary task is pulling Devils out of their long rebuild –– they’ve only made the playoffs once in the past 10 seasons –– he also must ensure Bratt’s satisfaction in New Jersey, especially after a tough contract negotiation this summer.

that's all i get. 

why is my text so mega.

Bratt isn't a crucial part of this team. he is a luxury. 

Edited by pumpkin cutter

Just now, pumpkin cutter said:

Lindy Ruff faces a crucial challenge with Jesper Bratt this season.

While his primary task is pulling Devils out of their long rebuild –– they’ve only made the playoffs once in the past 10 seasons –– he also must ensure Bratt’s satisfaction in New Jersey, especially after a tough contract negotiation this summer.

that's all i get. 

Yup. I think it should be a rule that if you post something that’s behind a paywall, you should at least have to summarize it for those who don’t have access. 😊